Are you wondering 'how to get the best neck and back doctors' due to the severe neck pain that obstructs your daily routine like driving or getting dressed? If yes, you need to know the route cause of the pain. Sometimes, soft tissue injuries can lead to severe discomfort and pain. Read the article to learn the causes and the types of treatments you should opt for.
Types of Soft Tissue Injuries That Can Take Place
Muscles, tendons and ligaments are all attached to the neck. These are all soft tissues that are extremely delicate. However, these soft tissues work in tandem to support your neck and head. Therefore, any strain can cause extreme harm to you if you do not go for proper treatment. Know what are the types of problems that you suffer from when you have a soft tissue injury.
- Neck Strain- It is an injury that affects the neck muscle or tendon (the fibrous tissue that connects bone to muscle is known as neck tendon).
- Neck Sprain- The injury that occurs in the ligament of your neck is known as neck sprain (it is the fibrous tissue that connects two bones).
The severity of the pain depends on the extent of the injury. The pain can get worse if you do not look for neck and spine doctors once you start feeling extreme pain.
Symptoms of Neck Strain and Sprain
You need to realize the symptoms to understand that an injury has occurred in your neck.
- Extreme pain localized to the neck region
- Pain that leads to sharp or intense from mild achy or throbby
- Stiffness of neck
- Muscle Spasm
- Pain that obstructs your normal movement
You can also feel pain in the nearby regions like head, shoulder or upper back.
Causes of Neck Strain or Sprain
Common reasons for neck strain and sprain are:
- Holding the neck at an awkward or poor posture
- Lifting something extreme heavy
- Whiplash during any car collision
- Performing any difficult activity
These are the common causes that need treatment before it gets worse.
Common First-Aid Treatments
You can opt for certain first-aid options to ease your pain before beginning with a proper treatment procedure.
- Rest properly and go for activity modification
- Cold and heat therapy
- Intaking mild painkillers to heal the pain for the time being
However, these first-aid treatments will not solve your problem permanently. Instead of surfing and delaying with the treatment, get a good neck and back doctor by visiting Neuroscience Specialist right away in Oklahoma City.
**Information presented here is not intended to be qualified medical advice. Nothing expressed herein creates a doctor-patient relationship.